Burns Fishing Supplies is passionate about fishing. We want to share our knowledge and quality products to help other fisherman enhance their fishing experience.

Chum Salmon

In the picture is a Chum salmon that I caught on a cone-headed Burns' green goblin fly. The Chum action on the Satsop is still RED HOT. 
Once I changed to the spey rod from my spinning rod outfit, I caught one fish about every four casts.  Green colored flies worked best but I caught fish on almost every fly I threw. 
The Skokomish is real hot with Chums too and a few Coho here and there. I fished below the Highway 106 bridge on Wednesday 16th and the fishing was excellent. Green yarn and Korkie rigs, also green and white Marabou jigs, which I fished cross current with no bobber, still working great and are probably the best baits to gear fish with in the Skok. 
Look for the last runs of fresh Kings on the Humptulips for the next few weeks.  
Happy fishing and tight lines!